Garry Maclennan Photography Exhibition



I appear to be making an exhibition of myself all over town at the moment... 

A few weeks ago I styled a shoot for photographer Garry Maclennan. Garry told me what he had in mind and I became absolutely determined to use the graduate collection of designer Melissanthi Spei. Remembering her Heriot Watt degree show I felt it would work really well with Garry's vision for this particular shoot. On contacting Mellissanthi, I discovered that both she and the garments were in Greece but thanks to her helpfulness, we figured out a way to fly the garments over via a friend.

Garry cast my collaborator Omar Zingaro Bhatia as the male model (making it another OMARINA collab - our Icarus lamp even features on the exhibition flyer!) then cast model Emily Butcher as the girl. David Farquhar was our team's fantastic hair and make-up artist.

The Brunswick Hotel saw the images last week and on the spot invited Garry to exhibit them in a 6 week show.  Entitled "Icarus", it runs from this Sunday 30th Oct until mid December.

Come to The Brunswick this Sunday evening for the exhibition opening and see Garry's out of this world photographs. We don't even care if you're still dressed up from Halloween, all welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment